Welcome to The STEAM Teachers e-learning Platform Igniting a passion in STEAM.
Improving and inspiring teachers with STEAM teaching skills.
About The STEAM Teachers e-learning Platform
Only about 25% of pre-primary and 40% of grade six teachers are professionally trained for effective class teaching in sub-Saharan Africa; and less than 10% are skillful or professionally trained in STEM education. Research has also shown that over 75% of future job roles will require people skilled in STEM; and less than 30% of those currently schooling in tertiary institutions are studying a course that involves STEM. In essence, STEAM education which involves an educational approach that focuses on one or more disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Crafts, and Mathematics; will be most useful in providing necessary skills that can advance an underdeveloped nation to a developed nation, by improving global competitiveness. This form of education has gotten global recognition with the ability to improve quality of education. Our primary focus is providing an e-learning platform for professional development for teachers with an educational program to assist and support their transition to a STEAM conscious and motivated instructor. This platform is where every teacher undergoing training with the STEAM Empowerment Foundation are enrolled for continual training, assessments and evaluations, follow up and progressive development of every participant throughout the duration of the training.
- The platform offers access to the full range of theories and video training chapters with handouts and study links.
- Lessons are Project Based Learning embedded and contains video demonstrations in STEAM related projects.
- Training contains Arts and Entrepreneurship integrations.
- This includes receiving a STEAM training certification by going through each chapter and completing the assessments.
- This entails monitoring, assessments, evaluation and supervision for active participation of all enrolled Educators by S.E.F.
- Serves teachers from Elementary to Secondary level of teaching.
- Individual inclusive self-paced learning.
- Accessible 24/7 within the comfort of your home.
- Up to 6 months of access after subscribing for continual and reinforced understanding.
- Training Fee: N120,000
- Increase awareness and understanding of STEAM education, concepts, principles, and applications to the society.
- Increase in the number of teachers who are professional trained and STEM certified in a global standard.
- Increase in the number of schools that would adopt STEAM culture, practices and curriculum into their activities.
- Increase in the number of children who would be interested in pursuing a STEAM related career.
- Impacted participants would be empowered with creative skills for the Arts and Entrepreneurship, which would also improve their quality of life by providing alternative income.
- Improve confidence level in African teachers for STEM teaching
- Develop teachers who would be empowered with skills that can help them raise children that are: Problem Solvers, Innovators, Inventors, Self-reliance, Logical thinkers, Self-dependent and entrepreneur
Our primary focus is providing an e-learning platform for professional development for teachers with an educational program to assist and support their transition to a STEAM conscious and motivated instructor.
MODULE 1: STEAM and the Educational system
MODULE 2: STEAM Analysis
MODULE 3: STEAM Integrations: Concept of STEAM-E-Learning
MODULE 4: Implementation